CLASS & WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Durgadas is the head yoga teacher at Silent Motion Yoga.
- Certified Yoga Teacher in the Sivananda lineage, via Adi Shankara’s Saraswati lineage.Lived in two ashrams for a total of 6 years, and has done intense spiritual Self-inquiry for the last 15 years.
- 900+ Answers on Quora related to spirituality, Yoga, Vedanta and many other topics.
- Former elite cycling athlete, Florida State Time Trial Champion, Coach of Elite Endurance Athletes for more than 20 years.
- Has the gift to explain the connections between the physical, philosophical and the subtle natures in an easy to understand, direct and often funny manner.
Pamela Leila Rai (Shakti) is an experienced yoga teacher at Silent Motion Yoga.
- Certified Yoga Teacher in the Sivananda lineage, via Adi Shankara’s Saraswati lineage.
- Teaches high school, yoga and social justice, vegan, gluten-free cooking and coaches swimming.
- Former elite swimming athlete. Retired from swimming competitively since 1987.
LEARNING & TEACHING
Translations and Transformations form the TWO main modes of learning and teaching. Translations encourage and maintain the transformational difficulties you will need to encounter in learning Yoga and therefore yourself. From coaching to asanas classes, these are Yoga’s main areas of focus:
- The Relationship to Silence
- The Relationship to Compassion
- The Relationship to Action
- The Relationship to Mind
WHO WE ARE
Durgadas (Regis) & Leila (Shakti) have decades of athletic practice, coaching & spiritual inquiry.
- Krishnamurti, Bohm, OSHO
- Pete Egoscue’s Method
- Orch Or Theory of Roger Penrose
- Functional Movement Screen
- Longtime Vegans
CHECK OUR ASANAS SECTION for in-depth descriptions of how to do individual poses.
Place bottom leg under top leg, not under sitbones. Place top leg's foot to one side of leg or another (shown is easier) The closer the top foot is to the hips, the more difficult this pose will be.
Place back hand behind the body, on the ground, or behind back (shown). Please front hand around top leg's knee, or (easier) simply place the elbow against the knee as shown.
Twist the body, just above the hips. It is possible to teach around the front knee and pull it in toward you also with the from hand, to get a better stretch on the piriformis muscles of the buttocks.
WANT TO ELEVATE
We coach elite, age group, and youth athletes
and teach Yoga teachers to become their best,
break through to new levels of
understanding and equanimity.
Call us at (888) 496-4208
Email Us using this contact form.
We'll usually reply within 24 hours.
We look forward to hearing from you.